- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Fee Agreed, Medical Done, But Arsenal Struggling To Agree Terms With Target
Arsenal are in danger of missing out on the signing of Kostas Manolas with reports today claiming that we’re struggling to agree personal terms with the defender.
Arsene Wenger has made no secret of the fact he’s on the look-out for a centre-back to replace Thomas Vermaelen after selling the Belgian international to Barcelona.
Manolas emerged as a key target earlier this month and it looked like we could be closing in on his signature after agreeing an £8m fee with Olympiakos and it’s understood the player has already completed his medical in anticipation of a move to the Emirates.
However, Goal claim that despite a fee being agreed and the medical being done, we could miss out on the Greek international’s signature as we’re struggling to agree personal terms with the player.
It’s not clear exactly how much Manolas is looking for or what we’ve offered him so far, but the report states that we’re ‘far apart’ in the negotiations, so it remains to be seen whether we’ll be able to find an agreement.
With our move stalling, Manolas could now be off to Italy with reports suggesting that Roma have identified the 24-year-old as a potential replacement for Mehdi Benatia.
Hopefully we’ll be able to find a breakthrough as Manolas would be an excellent addition and give us some real depth at the back, but we’ll have to see how things develop over the coming week.