- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal ‘Pushing’ To Land New Zealand International
Arsenal are pushing hard to try and seal an £8m deal for West Ham defender Winston Reid, according to reports.
It’s no secret Arsene Wenger is in the market for another centre-back following the sale of Thomas Vermaelen to Barcelona and widespread reports last week suggested we were closing in on a deal for Olympiakos defender Kostas Manolas.
However, it seems we may have switched our attention to a target a little closer to home with the Metro claiming that we’re now ‘pushing’ hard to try and thrash out a deal for West Ham’s Winston Reid.
The 26-year-old has been linked with a move to the Emirates in the past and it looks like the boss may have renewed his interest as he looks to strengthen his options at the back.
Reid has been one of the Hammers best performers in recent seasons but with just one year remaining on his current contract and no extension agreed, the New Zealand international could be picked up for a decent fee.
Obviously our London rivals won’t want to lose the centre-back for nothing next summer, and the report suggests we will tempt them with an £8m offer in the coming days.
It’s not clear whether Reid would be willing to come to Arsenal and be a third/fourth choice but he’d be an excellent signing if we could pull it off. He’s at a good age and has plenty of Premier League experience, so I’d be pleased to see him come to the club before the window closes at the end of the month.