- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsene Wenger ‘Confident’ Of Securing Bargain €15m Deal – Reports
Reports this morning are claiming that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is confident of securing a bargain €15m deal for Sami Khedira after Real Madrid reduced their asking price for the midfielder.
Khedira has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates this summer but a proposed €30m (£24m) deal was shelved last month due to the German international’s excessive wage demands.
However, with the midfielder now in the final year of his contract, Madrid are desperate to cash in after the 27-year-old rejected their offer of an extension and with time running out to sell, the Metro claim the European champions have now reduced their asking price to just €15m (£12m).
The newspaper states that we will now revive our interest with Arsene understood to be ‘confident’ of securing the bargain deal before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.
Obviously the big stumbling block is going to be Khedira’s wages, but with Carlo Ancelotti freezing him out of the squad for Madrid’s last two games, the midfielder is likely to reduce his demands in order to secure a move away from the Bernabeu.
It would be an excellent piece of business if we could land a player of Khedira’s quality for just €15m, and I think the club will have played a shrewd game if they manage to pull it off.
We could face some serious competition for the German’s signature as there has been talk that Bayern Munich, Man Utd or Chelsea may make a late move for the midfielder, so we’ll just have to see how things develop. But I’ve got a feeling we’re going to make one more big signing, and would be delighted if it turned out to be Khedira.