- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Agent Is In London Finalising Deal With Arsenal
Italian journalist Gabriele Marcotti claims that the agent of Greek defender Kostas Manolas is in London finalising a move to Arsenal.
Arsene Wenger has confirmed on more than one occasion that he wants to try and strengthen his defensive options before the end of the month following the departure of Thomas Vermaelen to Barcelona.
This led to widespread reports this week have suggesting that Arsenal are close to securing a £6m deal with Olympiakos for highly-rated centre-back Kostas Manolas.
It looks like the move could be edging closer to completion as journalist Gabriele Marcotti claims that the 23-year-old’s agent, Mino Raiola, is not only in London tying up a deal for another client of his – Mario Balotelli – but he’s also taking the opportunity to finalise a deal for Manolas to Arsenal.
Marcotti told talkSPORT:
“Mario Balotelli’s agent, Mino Raiola, is currently in the UK. He is in London trying to do a deal for Kostas Manolas, presumably to Arsenal.”
It certainly seems like Manolas is the most likely defender to be signed by the end of the month and I think he’d be a great addition. He was excellent at the World Cup for Greece and would give us some real depth at the back.
Let’s hope we can tie this deal up quickly to give us time to bring in at a defensive midfielder, and if Arsene has time, how about a top class striker as well!?