- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
Wenger Eyeing Shock Move For Cheap Alternative To Carvalho + Khedira
Some interesting reports doing the round tonight with the Express claiming that Arsenal are eyeing a shock move for Newcastle midfielder Cheick Tiote.
Arsene has already admitted he’s still in the market for further reinforcements this summer and as well as a centre-back, the boss is also looking to bring in a defensive midfielder.
We’ve been strongly linked with a move for Real Madrid’s Sami Khedira but his excessive wage demands have prevented any potential deal from taking place, while Sporting Lisbon’s William Carvalho has also emerged as a serious target but that deal is likely to cost in excess of £25m.
It seems Arsene is now considering cheaper alternatives as the Express claim that he’s eyeing a shock move for Newcastle United midfielder Cheick Tiote.
The report suggests that Newcastle would sell for around £8m, but we’ll have to beat off competition from Russian side Locomotive Moscow for his signature.
The Ivorian was linked a few years ago but to put it nicely, he’s been bang average for the Geordies in recent seasons so it would be a huge surprise if Arsene did make a move for him.
I’d be really disappointed if we ended up with Tiote, but thankfully I think the Express’ report is nothing more than paper-talk. Fingers crossed Arsene brings in Carvalho before the end of the month, as he’d make a real difference to this squad.