- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Arsenal To Pay €50m To Land Brazilian Attacker?
Arsenal have been told they will need to pay €50m (£40m) to land Brazilian attacker Douglas Costa.
The 23-year-old is expected to leave Shakhtar Donetsk after refusing to return to Ukraine due to the on-going conflict with Russia, with the attacker one of six players who has settled in Switzerland until their futures can be resolved.
Arsenal have been strongly linked with a move with reports last week suggesting we were lining-up a bid to bring the versatile forward to the Premier League.
Costa is understood to be keen on a switch to the Emirates, however, we’ve been warned by Shakhtar CEO Sergei Palkin that the player won’t be sold unless his €50m buy-out clause is met.
Speaking to the clubs website, Palkin said:
“Everyone says that Costa’s goodbye is close, but the club has not received any proposals and his buyout clause is €50million.” source: Express
Costa joined Shakhtar for £4.7m in 2010 and has been a key player in helping the club secure five consecutive Ukrainian titles, but is there any chance Arsene Wenger would pay €50m for him?
In a word; NO. Costa is a fine player but he’s not worth anywhere near €50m and there’s simply no chance Arsene Wenger would agree to pay that kind of money for him, despite the newspaper continually linking us with a move.
While many fans would like to see another forward brought in before the end of the month, I think Arsene is far more worried about signing a centre-back and/or defensive midfielder than strengthening his attack.
No doubt if a tempting deal came up he might consider it, but €50m is NOT going to tempt the boss. So unless Shakhtar lower their demands, we won’t be seeing Costa coming to the Emirates any time soon.