- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal ‘Open Formal Talks’ For French Midfielder – Reports
According to reports, Arsenal have opened formal talks with Paris Saint-Germain over a deal for midfielder Adrien Rabiot.
The 19-year-old has struggled to make the breakthrough at PSG in recent seasons, with Blaise Matuidi, Marco Verratti and Yohan Cabaye all ahead of him in Laurent Blanc’s pecking order.
He’s now being tipped leave this summer after turning down a new contract and it appears we’re ready to offer him a fresh start in the Premier League with the Mirror claiming that Arsenal officials have opened talks with PSG.
It’s understood that Arsene Wenger has been tracking Rabiot for some time and with the boss looking to bring in another midfielder this summer, it looks like he’s emerged as a potential target.
He’s not an established defensive midfielder, so he would be an interesting addition, but as he’s valued at just £8m, I can see why Arsene would be interested.
The youngster is only on around £8,000-a-week, so we should have no problems agreeing personal terms, but it remains to be seen whether PSG will be willing to cash in or hold the player to the final year of his contract.
Rabiot is a huge talent, but if we’re only going to bring in one midfielder this summer, I’d be a little disappointed if he was it as we desperately need to sign an established defensive midfielder if we want to lift the title next season.