- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Blow As Midfield Target Agrees Move To Germany
Arsenal have missed out on the signing of Altetico Madrid’s Joshua Guilavogui with the midfielder heading to Wolfsburg on loan, it’s been confirmed today.
Guilavogui has emerged as a potential target with reports earlier this week suggesting that Arsene Wenger was lining-up a move for the Frenchman as he continued his search for a defensive midfielder this summer.
The 23-year-old only joined Atletico from Saint-Etienne last summer in an £8.5m deal but struggled to establish himself in Diego Simeone’s starting eleven and spent the second half of last season back on loan in Ligue 1.
A move away from the Vicente Calderon this summer was certain and it looked like Arsene was eyeing a potential bargain as we struggle to agree deals for top targets Sami Khedira and William Carvalho.
However, it looks like we’ve missed out with Wolfsburg sporting director Klaus Allofs confirming today that they have reached an agreement to sign Guilavogui on a season long loan.
“We have an agreement in principal with the player and Atlético. Our aim is to have him with us as soon as possible.” Allofs said in his statement
The player is now expected to head to Germany to undergo his medical and put the finishing touches on his move, while Arsenal will have to keep hunting for our midfield powerhouse.
I’m still of the opinion that Carvalho looks the most likely deal this summer unless Khedira lowers his wage demands, but we’ll have to see how things develop over the coming days and weeks.