- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger’s Eyeing Shock Swoop On Liverpool – Reports
According to reports today, Arsenal are lining-up an shock move for Liverpool defender Daniel Agger.
The Danish international has fallen out-of-favour at Anfield and is expected to leave following the £20m arrival of Dejan Lovren from Southampton.
The likes of Barcelona and former club Brondby have been linked with a move for the 29-year-old this summer but the Daily Star claim that Arsenal have also joined the chase.
It looks almost certain that we’re going to need to bring in a replacement for Thomas Vermaelen with the Belgian expected to leave this summer. Man Utd were initially the favourites but Arsenal chiefs would rather sell abroad and that’s led to intense speculation that he’ll join Barcelona.
If he does end up moving to the Nou Camp, that would pave the way for Agger to make a surprise switch to the Emirates as the Star suggest Arsene Wenger is keen to lure the experienced defender to North London.
Agger is likely to be available for a similar price to Vermaelen and of course as well as being a left-footed centre-back, he’s also capable of filling in on the left if needed and has plenty of Premier League experience, so he’d certainly be a like-for-like replacement.
However, just as we are reluctant to do business with United, I’m sure Liverpool would prefer not to sell to us, so I can’t see anything coming of this to be honest. The likelihood is Agger will be sold abroad and we’ll have to look elsewhere for a replacement for Vermaelen.