- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
RATINGS: Arsenal 5-1 Benfica: Sanogo Deadly As Campbell And Sanchez Impress
Arsenal put on a great show on day 1 of the Emirates Cup as we thrashed Benfica 5-1 thanks largely to a four-goal haul from Yaya Sanogo. Here are my ratings:
Martinez 7/10: Made a couple of very good stops and always quick off his line.
Bellerin 7.5/10: Made some adventurous runs down the right and grabbed a great assist for Campbell’s goal. Very impressive.
Chambers 7.5/10: Hugely encouraging debut. Was composed, positional sound at centre-back and good on the ball.
Monreal 6.5/10: Played in an unfamiliar centre-back position but did a job against limited threat.
Gibbs 6.5/10: Solid and unspectacular display from Gibbs.
Flamini 6.5/10: Went about his job quietly, breaking up play and getting the ball moving.
Ramsey 7.5/10: Superb assist for opener, played a lovely ball in the build up for third, and grabbed another assist for the fifth. Continued where he left off from last season.
Chamberlain 6.5/10: Pretty quiet by his standards. A couple of exciting runs and he had a hand in a goal, but not much else to report.
Rosicky 6.5/10: Tidy in possession and always looking to get the ball moving forwards.
Campbell 7.5/10: Looks like we have a real player. Always positive, worked hard and has plenty of skills. Superb finish on the volley on his left foot, and great work in the build up to the fifth. Glad he’s staying.
Sanogo 8.5/10: What can you say? He broke his duck (yes, I know it’s just a friendly) and then couldn’t stop scoring. Showed a real poachers touch and always seemed to be in the right place to finish. If he can stay fit, he could have a real impact this season.
Cazorla 6.5/10: On at half-time for Chamberlain and played some good stuff in the second half.
Wilshere 7/10: A couple of excellent passes.
Arteta 6.5/10: Steady.
Coquelin 6/10: Hit the post but a few too many passes went astray.
Miquel 6/10: Only on for last 15 and not much to report.
Akpom 6/10: A few decent touches.
Sanchez 7/10: On for 15 minutes but fought for every ball and almost grabbed an assist when he teed up Coquelin. You can already tell he’s going to be a star here. Can’t wait to see more of him.
Looking forward to going tomorrow now, hopefully more of the same!