- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Wenger Confirms Fresh Striker Injury
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that striker Yaya Sanogo missed our trip to New York due to a small thigh injury.
The young French forward was a surprising name to be left out of the squad that left for the States last week ahead of our clash with Thierry Henry’s New York Red Bulls side on Saturday night.
His absence led to rumours suggesting he could be set for a loan move away from the club. However, Arsene has now revealed that Sanogo was simply left back in north London as he is suffering from a minor thigh injury.
Arsene told Arsenal.com:
“Sanogo didn’t come because he had a little thigh problem and we didn’t want to take a gamble.”
Despite Arsene’s claim, there are still some fans who believe the boss is telling us a little white lie and that Sanogo may have been lining-up a short-term deal away from the club.
However, I personally don’t see the youngster leaving this summer as I think Arsene has huge faith in him, so I think we’ll be seeing a lot more of him around the first team next season….as long as he can stay fit.