- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
DONE DEAL! Arsenal Confirm Third Summer Signing
It’s official. Arsenal have confirmed the signing of David Ospina from Nice on a long-term contract.
The transfer has been in the pipeline for a couple of weeks now and Arsene Wenger even confirmed himself on Thursday that the 25-year-old was heading for the Emirates this summer.
With Nice also confirming last night that it was a ‘done deal’, Arsenal have now announced the signing on Arsenal.com, with the goalkeeper joining the club on a long-term contract.
“David Ospina is an excellent goalkeeper, with good experience and a proven record of performing with Nice and Colombia. He will add strength to our squad and we are very pleased that he will be joining us.”
The fee isn’t revealed but it’s understood to be in the region of around £3m, which is an excellent deal for someone of his quality and potential.
We’ve picked up a bargain as Ospina was in the final year of his contract and Nice were forced to cash-in now rather than lose him for nothing next summer.
Ospina will now link-up with the squad next week and make his debut against Benfica at the Emirates Cup on Saturday.
It’s another superb signing by the club. Chambers should be next in the door then we’ll hopefully bring in a defensive midfielder….exciting times.