- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Set To Make Shock Attacker Bid – Reports
Some interesting reports circulating today claiming that Arsenal are set to make a shock £9million bid for Manchester United winger Nani.
We’ve been linked with Nani on and off over the past few transfer windows but I though our interest had ended back in January.
However, the Daily Star claim that Arsene Wenger remains a fan of the Portuguese winger and will make a formal £9m bid over the coming days.
Nani has been told he can leave Old Trafford this summer by new boss Louis van Gaal after falling down the pecking order in recent seasons, so United would probably give serious consideration to our £9m offer if we did make it.
But I’m not convinced by these reports and I’d be majorly surprised if anything came of this. A winger like Nani is probably the last thing we’re looking for this summer and Arsene has far greater priorities to sort out.
If we were interested, it would suggest that someone like Lukas Podolski or even Santi Cazorla were leaving, but I’d take either of those two over Nani any day, so hopefully this is nothing more than idle paper-talk.