- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
PHOTOS: Walcott Surprisingly Named In Arsenal Squad For Today’s Friendly
It seems Theo Walcott has surprisingly been named in the Arsenal squad for today’s friendly match against Boreham Wood.
The 25-year-old has only recently begun light training after undergoing surgery on a cruciate knee injury back in January and Arsene Wenger said yesterday he didn’t expect the attacker to be in full training until late August.
So it’s come as a huge surprise to see Walcott named on the back of today’s match programme while his No.14 shirt is also hanging up in the changing room (see images below).
I really don’t see how Theo can be in any fit state to play any part of the game, but we’ll have to wait and see whether this is nothing more than a miss-print in the programme of if Arsene plans to give him a run-out.
We’ll find out when the game kicks off at 3pm.