- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Wenger Confirms Ramsey, Gibbs + Zelalem Will Play On Saturday
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been speaking to ArsenalTV this afternoon and gave some indication as to who will play in our pre-season opener this weekend.
We get our pre-season preparations underway when we take on Boreham Wood at Meadow Park at 3pm Saturday afternoon and the boss has confirmed all the first team players who didn’t feature at the World Cup will take part.
While the likes of Mesut Ozil, Per Mertesacker, Laurent Koscielny and Olivier Giroud, among others, are enjoying a well-earned break, several other first team regulars are back in training.
Arsene has revealed that he’ll play two entirely different teams for each half, and that Wojciech Szczesny, Aaron Ramsey, Kieran Gibbs, Nacho Monreal and Mathieu Flamini will all play some part, while the likes of Tomas Rosicky, Mikel Arteta, Carl Jenkinson and dare I say Abou Diaby are also likely to get a run out.
Jack Wilshere returned to training three days early today so I doubt we will see him, while Theo Walcott is still working his way back to fitness following a knee injury.
The boss also confirmed that several youngsters will be involved so we’ll see the likes of Gideon Zelalem, Tomas Eisfled, Ignasi Miquel and Hector Bellerin get their chance to impress.
Here what the boss had to say here: