- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
“We Are NOT In Talks With Arsenal” – Agent Dismisses €29m Move Talk
The agent of Sami Khedira insists he is not in talks with Arsenal about a move to the Emirates and no fee has been agreed between the two clubs.
Speculation has been rife in recent days suggesting that we are closing in on the 27-year-old’s signature with reports in Spain claiming that we were in negotiations with the midfielders agent after agreeing a €29m deal with Real Madrid.
However, in an exclusive interview with the Telegraph, the players agent Jorg Neubauer has dismissed those reports and insists he has not been in contact with Arsenal and no fee has been agreed for his clients services.
“We are not in talks with Arsenal,” said Neubauer.
“I don’t think a fee can have been agreed, otherwise I would have been told.
“When a club have an interest I am sure they will call me and we will speak about things. The same goes for Chelsea.”
Khedira has supposedly been placed on the transfer list at the Bernabeu after rejecting a contract extension offer, but Neubauer seems to suggest that they are still in talks with the European champions and the midfielders future is yet to be decided:
“We are talking to Real Madrid about his contract, but nothing is close to being decided,” said Neubauer.
“Sami has just returned from the World Cup and has gone on holiday.”
It’s becoming a bit of a saga now and I wouldn’t be surprised if the agent is playing games. Perhaps he’s trying to use Arsenal and Chelsea to squeeze a better contract out of Madrid, or maybe the German international really does want to leave. Who knows. But it looks like this one is set to drag for a few days or weeks yet.
If I was Arsene, I’d turn my attention to Morgan Schneiderlin. He’s younger, cheaper, has experience in the Premier League and is a ‘proper’ defensive midfielder.