- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
“My Injury Has Pretty Much Healed” Theo Walcott Offers Injury Update
Theo Walcott has offered an injury update to Arsenal.com and revealed that his injury is ‘pretty much healed’ – although he stopped short of stating a comeback date.
The 25-year-old missed the second half of last season with a serious knee injury, which he suffered during the closing stages of our FA Cup victory over Tottenham in early January, and was expected to be on the sidelines for at least nine months.
Theo has been speaking to the clubs official website today and gave an update on how his rehabilitation is going. The attacker is already back in the gym working on his strength training and he claims the injury is ‘pretty much healed’, but he refused to give a potential comeback date.
“The knee is going really well, I am doing some good stuff with the physios and fitness coaches and we have worked really hard throughout the summer,” he said.
“Things are looking really good and I have worked very hard for the last five months now.
“The most important thing is getting the strength back and it has pretty much nearly healed – it is just about building up that stability and strength again. It is coming along nicely and I am really pleased.”
It sounds like Theo’s recovery is going according to plan but I still don’t think Arsene Wenger will take any risks and push him too hard, so we’re unlikely to see him until early September, but it will be great to have him back when he does return as he was sorely missed last season.