- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Sanchez To Have Medical Tomorrow, £30m Fee & 4-Year Deal Agreed
Things have developed on the Alexis Sanchez front this evening with widespread reports claiming we have now agreed a £30m fee with Barcelona and the player is now en route to London to undergo his medical after agreeing terms on a four-year deal.
Several sources in Spain are reporting this, with reputable newspapers Sport and Mundo Deportivo both carrying the same information and say Barcelona gave Sanchez’s agent, Fernando Felicevich, permission to finalise personal terms in London on Tuesday after we agreed a fee of around £30m.
Felicevich soon agreed a four-year deal worth around £6m-a-year, and local Catalonia newspaper Ara is reporting that Sanchez is now going to fly to the UK tonight ahead of undergoing a medical on Wednesday.
For those who trust British sources more, Sky Sports have also claimed this afternoon that their ‘sources’ tell them that Arsenal are ‘very confident’ of sealing the £30m signing of Sanchez in the next 48 hours.
All of this comes after the Liverpool Echo reported on Monday night that Sanchez’s agents had informed the Merseysiders that he wouldn’t be moving to Anfield as he’d opted for the Emirates while Juventus are also believed to have failed with a late hijack attempt, so it’s safe to say that this deal IS ON!
I’ve tried to not let myself get too carried away this past week amid all the speculation, but at this stage it looks like it will take something extraordinary to stop this deal going through.
The problem for Arsenal fans is, we’re been here before many times and the deals have collapsed at the 11th hour. Most recently Gonzalo Higuain last summer. So let’s all try and stay calm and wait for something official to come out.
Easier said than done, I know…..