- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Arsenal Set To Hold Formal Sanchez Talks After €40m Bid Accepted
Arsenal are edging ever-closer to beating Liverpool and Manchester United to the signing of Alexis Sanchez with reports claiming that Barcelona have now accepted our €40m offer.
Sanchez has become one of the most wanted players on the planet after Barca made him available for transfer to make room for Luis Suarez, and we’ve been battling it out with the likes of United, Juventus and Liverpool for his signature.
Speculation has suggested that Brendan Rodgers wanted Sanchez included in any deal that involved Suarez heading to the Nou Camp but the Chilean has supposedly made it clear he wasn’t interested in a switch to Anfield as he preferred a move to London.
It seems things have progressed over the weekend with the Daily Star reporting today that our €40m (£32m) bid has been accepted by Barcelona. Goal also believe this is the case and claim that we’ve already got personal terms ‘agreed in principal’ but will now hold formal talks with the player and his representatives in the next 48 hours to get everything formalised.
It’s not just the UK press that are reporting this, as there are plenty of outlets and journalists from Spain, Chile and Italy all suggesting that we’ve not got an agreement in place with Barcelona and the player has chosen to join us.
If all goes to plan, the hope is that the transfer can be completed by the end of the week. With the official PUMA kit set to be revealed on Thursday, wouldn’t it be convenient if Sanchez could be wrapped up in time to be unveilled at the same time?
It would obviously be a sensational coup if we do end up signing Sanchez and he’d be the perfect addition this summer. He’ll add some much-needed pace and power to our attack, and he’ll bring with him a huge threat in front of goal as his 21 goals and 15 assists for Barcelona last season proves.
Fingers crossed we don’t mess this one up and Arsene can get it over the line before someone like City or Monaco hijack us…..