- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Midfielder ‘Tells Team Mates’ He’s Off As Arsenal Line-Up £20m Bid
Arsenal target Morgan Schneiderlin has told his Southampton team-mates that he wont be returning to the club amid reports that we are set to bid £20m for the midfielder.
Arsene Wenger is on the look-out for a defensive midfielder to replace Mikel Arteta next season and Schneiderlin has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks.
The France international has made no secret of his desire to play in the Champions League and the Daily Star are now reporting that the 24-year-old has told his Saints team-mates that he won’t be returning to the club ahead of next season as he expects to be sold in the coming days.
The news comes amid speculation that we are lining-up a £20m bid for the player, and although Spurs are also understood to be keen, he’s highly likely to choose a move to the Emirates as we can offer him top level European football.
It’s been a painful summer for Southampton fans with manager Mauricio Pochettino leaving for Tottenham, Luke Shaw sold to Man Utd and Rickie Lambert and Adam Lallana joining Liverpool, and it looks like Schneiderlin is going to be the next out the exit door.
I think he’d be the perfect addition to the squad as there weren’t many better defensive midfielders int he Premier League last season and he’d be an excellent foil for the likes of Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere.
A bid of £20m seems fair, but when you look at the fees Southampton have got for Shaw and Lallana, Southampton might prove difficult to deal with. If they demand much more than the £20m Wenger is seemingly prepared to pay, I can see him walking away and concentrating on other targets like Khedira or one of the Bender brothers.