- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Hoping To Seal Triple Deal After Tabling Bids Worth £57.8m
Arsenal are trying to sign three players with reports claiming that we’ve got bids on the table for Alexis Sanchez, Sami Khedira and Mathieu Debuchy totalling £57.8m.
The big transfer story this past week has surrounded Sanchez and our battle with Liverpool over his signature, and widespread reports suggest that we believe we’re leading the chase as the player isn’t interested in moving to Merseyside.
Arsenal chiefs have supposedly lined-up a contract offer of £135,000-a-week, with the Evening Standard newspaper claiming that we’ve made an opening £22m offer for the player, but we may need to push nearer £30m if we want to seal the deal.
So we’re working on a deal for Sanchez, but our first signing of the summer looks increasingly likely to be Newcastle defender Mathieu Debuchy.
Speculation has intensified in recent days that we’ve made the Frenchman our number one target to replace Bacary Sagna, and the Evening Standard suggest we’re expected to conclude a deal worth £12m for the 28-year-old in the coming days after making an official offer to the Geordies.
The third offer we have submitted is for Real Madrid midfielder Khedira. The newspaper claims our latest bid is for £23.8m, which could be enough to persuade the Spaniard’s to sell as he has just one year remaining on his current deal at the Bernabeu.
Personally, I’d prefer to see Morgan Schneiderlin arrive from Southampton as he has experience in the Premier League, but Khedira would be a useful addition and would be a big upgrade on Mikel Arteta in midfield.
Debuchy is a solid replacement for Sagna and he should have no problem settling in to the club, but the signing everybody is holding out for is Sanchez. While many papers have us as favourites, I have a feeling there could be a few more twists and turns yet, but even at £30m the Chilean attacker would be a great buy.
So after a slow start to the summer it looks like Arsene has finally started to get his transfer business underway, and I’m sure I wouldn’t be the only happy Gooner if we were to see Sanchez, Debuchy and Khedira arrive at the Emirates over the next couple of weeks.