- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal ‘Contact Agent’ Over Potential €7.5m Deal For Spaniard
Arsenal have stepped up their chase for a new goalkeeper with reports claiming that we’ve made contact with the agents of Espanyol stopper Kiko Casilla about a potential €7.5m deal.
With Lukasz Fabianski off to Swansea on a free transfer, we need to bring in at least one experience keeper this summer to offer competition to Wojciech Szczesny next season.
While we’ve been linked with the likes of Cardiff’s David Marshall and Reading’s Alex McCarthy in recent weeks, it seems high prices have led the boss to turning his attention to Spaniard Kiko Casilla.
The Mirror claim that Arsene Wenger has made contact with the 27-year-old’s agents to discuss a potential €7.5m (£6m) deal after monitoring his progress over the past 12 months.
Espanyol need to sell players to balance the books but are believed to be holding out for a figure closer to Casillas’ €20m buy-out fee as they have to give former club Real Madrid 50% of any sale.
However, the player is about to enter the final year of his contract and no extension has been agreed, so the La Liga outfit are going to be forced to cash-in this summer as they can’t afford to lose him for nothing next year.
Casilla left the Bernabeu in 2007 after failing to make a breakthrough but he’s impressed between the sticks for Espanyol since cementing himself as first choice in 2011, so I’m sure he’d offer good support to Szczesny if we do manage to bring him to North London this summer.