- Arsenal transfer news: £25m bid submitted for international star
- [Photos] Arsenal’s double boost as duo train ahead of Liverpool
- It’s A Summer Of Rebuilding If Sanchez And Wenger Leave
- [Photos & Videos] Ozil, Welbz & more star as Arsenal boys go bowling
- Arsenal handed injury boost as key man returns ahead of Liverpool
- 49-year old confirms to friends he’s replacing Wenger as Arsenal boss
- 5 Arsenal fixtures rescheduled after being chosen for live TV
- Arsenal boost: Liverpool star ruled out of crucial showdown
- Respected journo: 27-goal hitman could join Arsenal in £50m deal
- Cazorla replacement? Arsenal linked with a move for French midfielder
Arsene To Launch £30m Double Bid After Securing Sanchez Signing
Arsene Wenger is ready to make a £30m double swoop on Southampton for defender Dejan Lovren and midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, according to reports today, but only after he’s secured the signing of Alexis Sanchez.
Speculation is intensifying that we’re closing in on the signing of Sanchez from Barcelona, with a formal bid understood to have been made and the 25-year-old is believed to favour a move to London over other options such as Liverpool.
We also brought you the news earlier that the Chilean attacker’s agent started to follow Arsenal and several of our players on Twitter last night, which has been taken as another hint that the player is on his way to the Emirates.
Obviously nothing is official just yet but it appears we are closing in on Sanchez and Goal claim that once that deal is tied up, Arsene will then launch a £30m double swoop on Southampton.
The boss is on the look-out for a defensive midfielder to replace Mikel Arteta as well as a replacement for Thomas Vermaelen, with the skipper expected to leave this summer, and Dejan Lovren and Morgan Schneiderlin have emerged as top targets.
Liverpool have also been strongly linked with Lovren but the report suggests that we will rival the Merseysiders for the Croatian international after he handed in a transfer request in order to force a move to a Champions League club.
The 24-year-old was hugely impressive during his debut season in the Premier League after making the move to St Mary’s last summer, and I think he’d be a great replacement for Vermaelen. However, he’s unlikely to split up the Mertesacker-Koscielny partnership, so would he be happy to come to us and be third choice?
The second Southampton player of interest is Schneiderlin and I’ve made my feelings on this perfectly clear in recent weeks. I think he’d be an excellent addition and I’d go for him above the likes of Khedira or Bender due to the fact he’s got experience in the Premier League.
There weren’t many better defensive midfielders in England last season and he’d be the perfect foil for Ramsey and Wilshere, so I’d love to see the Frenchman come to the club. Schneiderlin has also made it clear he wants to leave in search of Champions League football, and it looks like we’re ready to offer him exactly that.
If we could wrap up the signings of Sanchez, Debuchy, Lovren and Schneiderlin this summer, as well as a back-up goalkeeper, we’ll be in excellent shape for next season. Fingers crossed the boss can pull it off….