- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
Is €34m-Rated Superstar Heading To Arsenal Or Will We Miss Out?
It looks like Arsenal will face further competition for the signature of Alexis Sanchez with reports claiming that Manchester United are also interested in bringing the Chilean superstar to England.
Sanchez is expected to leave the Nou Camp this summer as he doesn’t feature in new boss Luis Enrique’s first team plans and understandably he’s been linked with a whole host of top European clubs.
Arsenal’s name has been strongly suggested as a possible new home for the 25-year-old in recent weeks with speculation earlier this week claiming Arsene Wenger has already held talks with the attackers agent over in Brazil about a €34m switch to the Emirates.
Liverpool were then linked yesterday when former defender Phil Thomson suggested a move to Anfield was already a ‘done deal’, and now the Daily Mail are saying that Man Utd are also in the running with the Red Devils supposedly lining-up a €28m bid.
So it looks like it’s going to be a fierce battle for Sanchez’s signature and it’s difficult to predict where you think he’ll be playing next season. You can check the odds at allpro for who his next club might be, but it’s anybody’s guess right now.
There has been plenty of talk that Barcelona will use the Chilean international as a make-weight in their bid to land Liverpool’s Luis Suarez and I think this is probably our biggest threat as United may struggle to lure him to Old Trafford due to the fact they aren’t in any European competition.
I’ve read rumours suggesting the player would prefer a move to Arsenal but with Barca desperate to land old bitey, the Catalans may try and force him to move to Anfield, and with Liverpool now able to offer Champions League football, Sanchez may be open to the switch if they can afford his wage demands.
However, we are still in a strong position as we have the money, we’re in the Champions League, we’re based in London and I’m sure Sanchez would jump at the chance to play alongside the likes of Ozil and Cazorla, so I’m still confident we can win the race IF Wenger really wants him.