- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
Arsenal Boost As £15m Target Admits He’d Want Premier League Move
Arsenal have received a boost in their pursuit of long-term target Sven Bender after the midfielder revealed he’ll move to the Premier League when he leaves Dorussia Dortmund.
We’ve been linked with both the Bender brothers in the past but more recently with Sven, with the Daily Mail claiming last month that Arsene Wenger was lining up a £15m bid this summer.
Whether that bid comes to fruition remains to be seen but if we are able to agree a fee with Dortmund, then it appears the 25-year-old would be open to the move as he’s now admitted that a switch to the Premier League would appeal.
The midfielder also revealed that he’s aware of the interest being shown in him but insists no official approach has been made as yet. When quizzed about interest from Arsenal, he said:
“I know my skills, and others are also aware of them. When I am fit, I also want to play.
“Nobody has contacted me yet.
“What can I say about those rumours? What is being reported in England is just rumours.
“I really like English football. Outside of the Bundesliga, it would fit my style of play best.
“Should I ever consider a move, the Premier League would be the only league coming into my thinking.” Bender told kicker
Bender is currently on the sidelines after injury ruled him out of the World Cup but he’ll be fit for the start of the new season and I think he’d be an excellent signing.
He’s got the qualities we need to add to our midfield so let’s hope the boss does formalise his interest over the coming weeks and is able to lure the German international to the Emirates.