- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Confirmed: Sociedad Agree £8.8m Deal With Arsenal For Carlos Vela
Real Sociedad have confirmed today they have reached an agreement with Arsenal to buy the remaining rights to Carlos Vela.
There has been much speculation over Vela’s future in recent weeks but it seems Arsene Wenger has opted against triggering the Mexican’s €4m buy-back clause and decided to do a deal with Sociedad instead.
The La Liga club have now announced on their official website that they have struck a deal that will see Arsenal’s buy-back clause revoked and Vela has signed a new four-year contract with the club.
While Sociedad don’t reveal the exact financial details of the deal, widespread newspaper reports claim we will get £8.8m up front with a further potential £4m in additional add ons, which is an excellent piece of business from the club.
We sold Vela for just £2.5m two years ago after he failed to cut it in north London, but Arsene was shrewd enough to know he had the ability to make it in Spain and insisted on several clauses being inserted in to the players contract, and now it’s paid off.
Let’s hope the boss now has plans to spend this extra cash on bringing come top class players to the club….