- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal ‘Set To Trigger’ £10m Release Clause – Report
Arsenal are ‘set to trigger’ Loic Remy’s £10m release clause after Arsene Wenger got a positive character reference on the striker from the Marseille chairman.
Remy has been strongly linked with a move to Arsenal in recent weeks with reports two weeks ago claiming that the French forward was desperate to join us and there were even suggestions he was holding back completing a move to Tottenham until after the World Cup in the hope that Arsene would make his move.
It appears he may get his wish as the Express are claiming that we are ‘set to trigger’ his £10m release clause after the boss contacted the Marseille chairman, Vincent Labrune, to see what the striker was like during his time in France.
A ‘source’ told the newspaper
“Arsene rang our chairman. He seemed to be more interested in what kind of person Loic is. He didn’t give any trouble in the three years he was here.”
Remy was on the books at Marseille for three years before joining QPR in 2013 and it looks like Labrune’s positive character reference has persuaded the boss to make his move for the Frenchman, if you believe what the Express are telling us.
The 27-year-old proved he can score goals in the Premier League with 14 strikes for Newcastle last season and I think he’d be a shrewd purchase if we can’t sign one of our our ‘marquee’ targets.