- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Ace Suffers Injury Setback
Arsenal will be sweating after learning that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has suffered a setback in his recovering from injury after jarring his knee in England training on Sunday.
The 20-year-old picked up a knee ligament injury during England’s pre-World Cup warm up match with Ecuador last month but Roy Hodgson still decided to take him to Brazil.
The Ox has been fit enough to train in recent days but is yet to feature in either of the first two group games, and now his World Cup is over after he was ruled out of tomorrow’s final clash with Costa Rica after suffering a setback.
Reports claim that Oxlade-Chamberlain jarred his knee in training on Sunday and Three Lions boss Hodgson confirmed the youngster has suffered a ‘slight recurrence’ of his knee problem.
‘It was a blow to lose Oxlade-Chamberlain. We’ve been fortunate to go through the tournament and the preparation with so few injuries.
‘On Sunday morning he had a slight recurrence of the knee problem and will now be out.’
‘But Alex was very good in the friendly against Ecuador and we thought we had a player who could make an impact.’ Hodgson is quoted as saying by the Metro.
Obviously the fear is that The Ox has done further damage that could see him miss part of Arsenal’s pre-season preparations, or even worse, rule him out for an extended period of time.
The midfielder is expected to undergo further tests over the coming days do let’s hope for good news when the results come back in. It would be a bitter blow for him to be ruled out again.