- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Step-Up Interest In £15m Chilean Defender – Report
Another name has been added to the list of potential replacements for Bacary Sagna with reports claiming that Arsenal are set to step-up their interest Juventus defender Mauricio Isla.
We have been linked with Isla in the past and were understood to have made enquiries last summer when the player was considering leaving Juve after just one season as he was struggling to get regular game time.
In the end, he was persuaded to stay and give it another year but he continued to watch on from the sidelines for much of last season, making just 14 appearances in the league, so speculation has once again suggested he could be on the move.
Isla has been doing a great job of putting himself in the shop window as he’s been excellent for Chile at the World Cup and the Daily Star claim that his impressive displays have caught the eye of Arsene Wenger with the boss ready to renew his interest in the 26-year-old.
He is capable of playing in midfield or as a wing-back, but Isla’s main position is right-back and he’d certainly be an interesting option for us. He’s got experience in playing at a top league and in the Champions League, and as we’ve seen over in Brazil, he loves to get forward and seems to have endless energy.
Personally, my preferred choice would still be Seamus Coleman or even Serge Aurier, but Isla wouldn’t be a bad choice if the boss ended up opting for him and the Star suggest that Juve would be willing to sell at £15m.
However, the report also states that we’ll face competition from Liverpool with the Merseysiders also believed to be keen on luring Isla to the Premier League.