- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
AC Milan ‘Agree To Sell Balotelli For £29m’ – Sky Italia
It looks like our move for Mario Balotelli has taken a huge step closer with reports claiming that AC Milan have agreed to sell the striker for £29m.
Balotelli has emerged as Arsene Wenger’s No.1 target as he looks to bring in another striker this summer to offer competition to Olivier Giroud next season.
Speculation has been growing that we’re close to bringing the Italian back to the Premier League with reports suggesting that we’ve prepared a contract worth £180,000-a-week.
Now, the Metro are citing reports from Sky Italia that claim Balotelli’s agent, Mino Raiola, met with AC Milan chief Adriano Galliani on Thursday where it was agreed the player could leave for £29m.
It’s understood that Milan are keen to sell the 23-year-old to get his £150,000 wages off the books and raise funds to rebuild their squad with, and it looks as though that’s going to work out to Arsenal’s advantage.
Arsene has a transfer fund of £100m to spend this summer, so we can easily afford £29m, and if Arsene really feels Balotelli is the striker he wants, we should just get this deal tied up.
The former Man City striker is a bit of a nutcase, but he’s also hugely talented and there’s little doubt he’ll bring some much-needed quality to our attack.