- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
Arsenal Eye Move For £15m Argentina International
It looks like Arsene Wenger has added another name to his list of striker targets with reports today claiming that we are keen on Argentina forward Ezequiel Lavezzi.
The 29-year-old is currently on the books at Paris Saint-Germain but he’s been tipped for a move away from the Parc des Prince as he’s become increasingly frustrated at having to play in the shadow of Zlatan Ibrahimovich.
It looks as though we might be ready to offer the Argentinean international a fresh start as the Metro are reporting today that Arsene is eyeing a move for the attacker, who is valued at around £15million.
Chelsea were also strongly linked with a move for Lavezzi a couple of months ago but Jose Mourinho’s interest is likely to have cooled now the club have agreed a deal to sign Diego Costa, which could pave the way for us to lure him to the Premier League.
It’s clear we need to bring in at least one top class forward this summer as we’ve been far too reliant on Giroud over the past two years, but I’m not sure Lavezzi is the best option out there.
He’s nearly 30 and is considered more of a forward than an out-and-out striker, and we need a player who can lead the line on his own, has pace to stretch defenders and is a potent goal-scorer. Lavezzi has never been prolific throughout his career, with his 12 goals in 48 games last year his best return in European football.
He’d be a useful addition if we bring in two strikers this summer, but if the boss is going to sign just one, then I’d prefer we went for other targets such as Karim Benzema, Mario Balotelli or even Romelu Lukaku.