- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal ‘Make €31m Bid’ For Italian International – Reports
The Mario Balotelli rumours are hotting up with reports claiming Arsenal have stepped up their interest in the Italian striker in the form of a €31m bid.
The 23-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks with Arsene Wenger supposedly naming him as one of his top striker targets this summer.
Reports last week suggested that the boss was going to monitor Balotelli’s form during the World Cup before deciding whether to make a move and he got off to the perfect start by scoring the winner against England on Saturday night.
However, it seems Arsene has been forced into action sooner than expected with the Express claiming that we have now made a €31m (£25m) bid for the striker after learning that Monaco were also sniffing around.
Several other newspapers are also reporting that we have made contact with AC Milan to open discussions but most stop short of saying we’ve actually made a bid. It’s only the Express who believe a firm offer has been submitted, but it certainly seems we’ve stepped up our interest.
Balotelli is expected to leave Italy this summer after suffering racial abuse last season and AC Milan are understood to be happy to sell in order to get his wages off the books after the club missed out on Champions League qualification.
The Italian international favours a return to the Premier League and it seems we are going to be his most likely destination. Chelsea are buying Costa so don’t need him, while Man Utd, Liverpool and Man City aren’t in the market for a big-name striker, so it leaves Arsenal as the only big English club in the running.
I’d be delighted if we could bring him to the Emirates this summer as despite his obvious attitude problems, he’s a fantastic striker and would certainly improve our attack.
He does seem to be maturing as he gets older and Arsene is capable of taming the controversial striker, so lets hope we can push through a deal quickly and get our summer transfer business underway.