- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
NO DEAL! Agent Hits Back Amid Arsenal Swap Deal Rumours
The agent of Arsenal skipper Thomas Vermaelen has denied reports the defender has agreed terms over a switch to Manchester United amid rumours of a possible swap deal involving Nani.
Reports in this mornings Telegraph claimed that Vermaelen had verbally agreed to join United on a £100,000-a-week deal with the newspaper suggesting he could make a £10m switch this summer.
Further reports suggested that Arsenal were demanding out-of-favour attacker Nani as part of a player swap deal, with the Portuguese winger expected to leave Old Trafford this summer.
However, it appears all these reports are wide of the mark as Vermaelen’s agent has now told the BBC that ‘no deal is in place with United or any other club’.
Vermaelen’s future is in doubt as he has just one year remaining on his current deal at the Emirates and is highly unlikely to sign an extension while he’s out of favour under Arsene Wenger.
I’d personally be hugely surprised if he didn’t leave this summer as he’s at an age when he needs to be playing regular first team football and the club wouldn’t want to lose him for nothing in 12 months time, but it seems talk of a move to United is wide of the mark.