- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Keen On Spaniard As Part Of €11m Deal
According to reports, Arsenal are keen on taking Real Sociedad right-back Joseba Zaldua as part of an €11m deal that will see us sell our buy-back rights to Carlos Vela.
Widespread reports claim that we held formal talks with the Sociedad president last week where an €11m deal was put in place that would see us sell our right to buy-back Vela for just €4m.
However, during the negotiations, the Mirror claim we enquired about 21-year-old full-back Zaldua after Arsenal scouts identified him as a real talent for the future.
It’s suggested that we could demand the youngster as part of the Vela deal, although the newspaper doesn’t give any indication about how much Zaldua is worth.
Obviously we need a new right-back following Bacary Sagna’s move to Manchester City but I really don’t see the point in bringing in another youngster. We already have Carl Jenkinson and Hector Bellerin, so what we require now is an experienced right-back who can command the first team place for a few years until one of those two are ready to take over.
Zaldua has only made 10 appearances for Sociedad so there’s no way he’s progressed enough to replace Sagna and all he is is potential right now, so I don’t see the point in pursuing him when we have other more pressing issues to attend to.