- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal ‘Hold Positive Talks’ With Brazilian After Making £7m Bid
Arsenal could be closing in on their first major signing of the summer with reports claiming that we’ve held ‘positive talks’ with Rodrigo Caio after tabling a £7m bid for the defender.
Arsene Wenger is understood to have sent his scouts to keep a close eye on the 20-year-old during the recent Toulon Tournament in France where Caio impressed for the Brazil Under-2o side.
The Metro are now reporting that chief scout Steve Rowley has held ‘positive talks’ with the player and his representative over a move to north London after we made a £7m bid for his services.
Caio is currently on the books at Sao Paulo and has clocked up over 50 appearances since making his debut for the club in 2011 and he’s highly rated in his homeland.
He’s linked-up with renowned ‘super agent’ Jorge Mendes – who’s been trying to get his client a move to Europe this summer – and it looks like a deal to bring him to Arsenal could be close.
Caio is a centre-back by trade but can also operate at right-back or as a defensive midfielder so he’ll be useful to have around following the departure of Bacary Sagna and the likely exit of Thomas Vermaelen.
However, we could have issues getting the youngster a work permit as he’s never been capped for the senior Brazil side, so he may have to spend some time abroad before he’s able to compete for a place in the first team at Arsenal.