- Preview: Sunderland v Arsenal, duo ruled out, Ox starts + prediction
- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
Arsenal Dealt Blow In £20m Striker Pursuit
Arsenal have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Alvaro Morata with reports claiming the striker has told Real Madrid that he wants to join Juventus this summer.
We’ve been strongly linked with Morata over the past 12 months and came close to signing him on loan back in January before Carlo Ancelotti pulled the plug at the last minute.
Arsene Wenger continued to monitor the 21-year-old’s situation and speculation has suggested we’d renew our interest this summer with the boss keen to bring in at least one striker to offer competition to Olivier Giroud next season.
However, the Express are reporting today that Morata has informed Real Madrid that he has no interest in signing for any other club as he only wants to join Serie A champions Juventus.
The young striker has just one year remaining on his current deal at the Bernabeu and the newspaper claims that he’s informed the European champions that unless they agree to sell him to Juve, then he’ll run down the final year and walk away for nothing in 12 months time.
Madrid president Florentino Perez is a huge fan of Morata’s and is demanding a straight £20m cash deal to sell him this summer, which has so far put off potential buyers.
It’s understood that Juve and Madrid have already held lengthy negotiations where Morata made it clear he wanted a deal to happen, and the Spaniard’s have now proposed a deal at £14m with a buy-back clause inserted allowing the La Liga giants to re-sign him for £24m.
If this report is accurate, it looks as though we’ll miss out on the Spaniard’s signature and it will be a huge shame as he’s a massive talent, but there are plenty of other strikers out there that would strengthen our squad. Let’s just hope Arsene doesn’t sit around waiting for too long before making his move…..