- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Close To Completing Stunning €58m Double Swoop? – Report
According to reports today, Arsenal are close to completing a stunning €58m double swoop for AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli and Brazilian forward Hulk.
Arsene Wenger has been handed a transfer kitty of around £100m this summer and strengthening our attacking options is the bosses main priority as we have been heavily reliant on Olivier Giroud up front over the past two seasons.
Several names have been linked with a move and reports last week suggested we had seen a €33m (£26.5m) bid accepted by Zenit Saint Petersburg for versatile attacker Hulk. I saw whispers on Twitter that claimed these reports were false, however, CaughtOffside are now claiming that a deal is in fact close and we’ve held positive talks with the players representatives over a move to north London.
The outlet goes on to suggest that we are also closing in on the €25m (£20m) signing of AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli with the club hopeful of sealing the stunning €58m (£46.5m) double deal over the coming weeks.
Balotelli has been strongly linked with a move in recent weeks as the 23-year-old is expected to leave AC Milan this summer after receiving racial abuse back in Italy last season, and a return to the Premier League seems likely.
However, as exciting as this report is, CaughtOffside haven’t got the best reputation for bringing us reliable information so I’m going to take what they say with a pinch of salt for now. It sounds to me like they may have simply taken newspaper speculation and made their own ‘exclusive’ about a double deal, with very little substantiation behind it.
Obviously I hope there is some truth behind it all, as Balotelli and Hulk would both be excellent signings, but I’m not going to be getting too excited just yet….