- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Defenders Agent Flying To UK For Talks With Arsenal – Report
Reports in Italy claim that the agent of defender Angelo Ogbonna will fly to England this weekend with Arsenal among the clubs he’s due to meet with.
The 26-year-old only joined Juventus last summer in a €13m deal from Torino but failed to establish himself as a first team regular during his first season, making just 22 appearances in all competitions for the Serie A champions.
His lack of playing time eventually saw him miss out on a place in Italy’s 23-man World Cup squad and TuttoSport are claiming that the centre-back isn’t interested in returning to Juve to play a bit-part role next season.
The report suggests that the player has instructed his agent to fly to England this Friday where he will meet with representatives from Arsenal about a potential switch to the Emirates this summer.
However, we aren’t the only club in the running as it’s understood he’ll also hold talks with Spurs and Manchester United, while Monaco and Atletico Madrid are also showing a keen interest.
With Bacary Sagna leaving and uncertainty surrounding the future of Thomas Vermaelen, it looks like we’re going to need to bring in another centre-back and Ogbonna would be a useful addition.
He was excellent at Torino before he left and just hasn’t seemed to settle at Juventus, so I’d happily see him join as back-up to Per and Kos. However, it’s unlikely he’ll be willing to join unless he’s guaranteed regular action as that’s the reason he’s leaving Juve, so I won’t be getting my hopes up just yet.