- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
“Arsenal Have Made A Concrete Offer” For £30m Attacker
Some intriguing news coming out of South America with an apparent ‘source’ telling newspaper UOL Sport that Arsenal, along with PSG and Monaco, have made concrete offers for Angel Di Maria.
We were linked with Di Maria last summer and at one point it looked like a deal could be close before Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti pulled the plug and chose to sell us Mesut Ozil instead.
The Argentinean attacker went on to enjoy an excellent season at the Bernabeu and was named the MOTM during last weekend’s 4-1 win over Atletico Madrid in the final of the Champions League.
However, it seems all is not well in Spain as a source has told UOL Sport that Di Maria wants to leave Madrid and could even secure a transfer before the start of the World Cup, with Arsenal understood to have made a ‘concrete’ offer for the player. The source said:
“It is true that he [Di Maria] is leaving because he wants to go.
“It is very likely that he will leave before the end of the World Cup in Brazil.”
“Arsenal, PSG and Monaco have all made concrete offers for Angel.
“But there is still interest from Manchester City, Manchester United and Juventus.” the source is quoted as saying by the Express
Understandably we’re not the only ones in the running, and it looks like we’ve got some stiff competition from the likes of PSG, Monaco, Man City, Man Utd and Juventus, but it’s some exciting news none-the-less.
It’s difficult to know how much truth there is behind these reports as it’s always tough to believe anything from an unnamed ‘source’, but our interest in Di Maria is well documented and Arsene has continued to monitor him this season after narrowly missing out on his signature last summer.
Speculation in recent months has linked us with the attacker once again with the papers suggesting he could be available for around £30m, which I think would be very reasonable for a player of his quality in today’s market. To put it in perspective, Southampton are looking for a similar fee for Adam Lallana.
I’d personally be very surprised if Di Maria is looking to leave Real, as he’s just had arguably his best season as not only did he lift the European Cup, but he also posted some impressive figures after scoring 11 and assisting 24 goals, but I suppose in football you just never know. Perhaps he’s fed up playing second fiddle to Ronaldo and Bale and wants a new challenge?
Who knows, but I’d be delighted if we could somehow lure him to the Emirates, as he’d be a fantastic signing.