- Arsenal transfer news: £25m bid submitted for international star
- [Photos] Arsenal’s double boost as duo train ahead of Liverpool
- It’s A Summer Of Rebuilding If Sanchez And Wenger Leave
- [Photos & Videos] Ozil, Welbz & more star as Arsenal boys go bowling
- Arsenal handed injury boost as key man returns ahead of Liverpool
- 49-year old confirms to friends he’s replacing Wenger as Arsenal boss
- 5 Arsenal fixtures rescheduled after being chosen for live TV
- Arsenal boost: Liverpool star ruled out of crucial showdown
- Respected journo: 27-goal hitman could join Arsenal in £50m deal
- Cazorla replacement? Arsenal linked with a move for French midfielder
Arsenal’s Proposed Deal For €30m Attacker Hijacked – Reports
Arsenal could be set to miss out on the signing of Antoine Griezmann with reports in Italy suggesting that Paris Saint-Germain have already met the players €30m release-clause.
The French winger has been touted as a possible signing recently and speculation last week claimed we were in discussions with Real Sociedad over a shrewd deal that would see us use our buy-back clause for Carlos Vela to land Griezmann on the cheap.
The winger’s buy-out clause is set at €30m (£25m) but we are looking to knock around £12m off the price by removing our buy-back clause on Vela that allows us to take him back for just £3m.
However, it seems PSG are set to hijack our proposed deal with reports in Italy claiming that the big-spending French outfit have told Sociedad they are prepared to meet the full €30m (£25m) fee.
Griezmann has previously spoken of his desire to play back in his homeland, so if these reports are accurate, we could miss out on this hugely talented attacker.
It would be a real blow as I think Griezmann is exactly the type of player we need. He has bags of pace, can play either out wide or through the middle and with 16 goals last season, he knows where the goal is.
Let’s hope these Italian reports are just speculation as I’d love to see the French international come to the Emirates.