- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal ‘hopeful Of Agreeing £8m Deal’ – Report
Some interesting reports doing the rounds this afternoon with speculation claiming that Arsenal are set to open talks with Stoke City over a potential £8m deal for goalkeeper Asmir Begovic.
We’re in the market for at least one new goalkeeper with Lukasz Fabianski set to leave when his contract expires and Emiliano Viviano already back in Italy after his loan ended, meaning Szczensy will be our only remaining senior stopper.
Several names have been linked in recent months but the Metro are reporting that Arsenal are set to hold formal talks with Stoke after making Asmir Begovic a top target.
The newspaper suggests that Arsene Wenger wants genuine competition for Szczesny and not just someone who’s content at being a No.2, and is hopeful of agreeing an £8m deal for the Bosnian international.
Stoke were prepared to sell Begovic last summer and even signed Jack Butland as a replacement, but a move failed to materialise and he ended up staying at the Britannia Stadium.
Begovic would certainly be an excellent signing but I think it might take a bit more than £8m to persuade Stoke to cash in. He was valued at around double that figure 12 months ago and had a decent season, so I can’t see them selling for any less than £10-£12m.