- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Make Shock Move For Ashley Cole – Report
Could Ashley Cole be set for a shock move back to Arsenal? Well, according to the Express newspaper, we’re interesting in re-signing the left-back after he confirmed he’s leaving Chelsea this summer.
Cole’s contract at Stamford Bridge is set to expire and it looks like he won’t be signing an extension after he Tweeted on Tuesday that he is ready to find a new club.
It’s understood as many as eight top class teams have already been in touch with the 33-year-old, with Liverpool, Monaco, Real Madrid, Manchester City, PSG and two clubs from the MLS all believed to be in the running.
However, sensationally, the Express claims that Arsenal have also thrown their hat into the ring and have offered Cole a shock return to north London.
I know they call the summer transfer window ‘silly season’ but this is something else. I would literally eat my hat if Ashley Cole re-signed for Arsenal FC.
It’s beyond ridiculous. The player is hated by the majority of Arsenal fans and has been on the wrong side of rough treatment ever since his controversial exit in 2006.
To be fair, the Express don’t claim Cole is close to agreeing a move or anything like that, but to even suggest we’ve made an enquiry is unbelievable.
We already have two very capable left-backs in Kieran Gibbs and Nacho Monreal, therefore it’s one position we don’t need to strengthen this summer, so I don’t believe for one second Arsene Wenger is interested in bringing Cole back to the club.
He’d do a job for someone like Liverpool for a season before possibly ending his career in the US, but a move back to Arsenal? Not. A. Chance.