- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Barcelona & Bayern Munich ‘Set To Move’ For Arsenal Star
European heavy-weights Barcelona and Bayern Munich are keen on signing Aaron Ramsey this summer, according to reports.
Interest in Ramsey is inevitable after the season he’s had. The Welshman scored 16 goals in 35 games last season and was easily our Player of the year, despite missing a large portion of the season with a thigh injury.
Rambo also showed he can do the business in Europe, scoring an impressive 5 goals in 8 Champions League games, so it’s only right that he’s attracting interest from abroad.
The Daily Star claim that Bayern boss Pep Guardiola is a huge fan and is lining up a move for the 23-year-old this summer, while Barcelona are also understood to have sent scouts to watch Ramsey on at least six occasions last season and they too are tipped to try their luck over the coming weeks.
It’s a huge compliment to the player to be wanted by such illustrious clubs but let’s face it, Ramsey isn’t going anywhere. At least not for a few seasons anyway.
He must feel a huge loyalty to the club for the way we’ve stood by him during his difficult recovery from a broken leg and I highly doubt he’s going to jump ship as soon as he starts to realise his potential.
Ramsey loves this club and fulfilled a dream by scoring the winner in the FA Cup final on Saturday and I’m sure that success has given him even more desire to push on and go for the league next season.
Even former Gunner John Hartson feels the midfielder will snub any interest to remain at the Emirates, saying over the weekend:
“Ramsey will be linked with ten clubs in the summer but I can’t see him leaving Arsenal in the foreseeable future.
“He’s settled there and loves the club.”
Speculation over Ramsey is something we’re going to have to get used to but thankfully he’s tied to a long-term contract and won’t be itching for a move for a while, so we can sit back and relax for now.