- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
€30m-Rated Arsenal Target Hints At ‘Big’ Move
Arsenal target Antoine Griezmann has opened the door to a summer move after hinting he’ll consider his future after the World Cup and is keen on joining a ‘big club’.
The France international has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates over the past 12 months and Arsene Wenger openly admitted he’s a huge fan of the 23-year-old’s back in February and confirmed we’ve sent scouts to keep a close eye on his progress this season.
They would have been impressed by what they have seen as the attacker has scored 20 goals in 49 appearances for Real Sociedad this season, and it’s led to the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool joining us in tracking the player.
Reports have suggested we will make our interest official this summer with the boss keen on adding to his attacking options, and now it appears Griezmann has opened the door to a potential move.
The winger was asked by journalists whether he’ll leave Sociedad this summer, and he seemed to suggest he’ll consider his future after the World Cup and will let his agent deal with any offers that may come in. Griezmann said:
“I do not know, but first we have to play against Villarreal, then the World Cup and then we’ll see. I hope to have holidays and then we’ll see what happens,” Griezmann told AS.
“If one day I leave, it will be to move to a big club. But there is still a long time for that.”
“That’s something that the club and my agent will deal with.
“I’m here enjoying myself and we’ll see what can happen. I’m focused on playing.” [source: Daily Star]
Griezmann is certainly a huge talent and it can only be a matter of time before he takes the next step in his career and joins a bigger club.
I’d love to see him come to Arsenal but the major stumbling block could be his €30m (£25m) asking price. It’s probably not unreasonable in today’s market for a player of his quality and potential, but when you consider we could snap up Carlos Vela for just £3m, I really don’t see Arsene splashing out almost 8x that for Griezmann. But you never know, Arsene may have other ideas.
The winger has been named in the France squad for this summers World Cup finals so if the boss does want to buy him, he should probably try and get something agreed asap because his price-tag could go through the roof if he does well over in Brazil.