- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Urged To Act Fast To Land £17m Midfielder – Report
Reports today claim that Arsenal will have to move fast if we want to land Southampton ace Morgan Schneiderlin as Napoli have now entered the chase for the talented midfielder.
Schneiderlin has been widely tipped in the media to be one of Arsene Wenger’s key targets for this summer as the boss looks to bring in a long-term replacement for Mikel Arteta.
Arsene warned last week that he didn’t expect to do any serious business before the end of the World Cup. However, the Mirror claim we’ll have to act quickly if we want to land Schneiderlin as Napoli have also identified the 24-year-old as a potential new recruit this summer.
Rafa Benitez is understood to be a big fan of the Frenchman’s and wants to lure him to Italy to anchor his midfield after securing Champions League qualification again for next season.
Schneiderlin has been hugely impressive in the Premier League over the two seasons so it’s no wonder he’s starting to attract interest, and he’s also finally broken into the France national team set-up with Didier Deschamps naming him on a seven-man standby list for their World Cup squad.
The player only signed a new five-year deal last year so it’s thought it will take a bid of at least £17m to persuade Southampton to cash-in, and I hope we don’t mess around too long and just pay that figure because Schneiderlin would be an excellent signing.
It’s clear we need to replace Arteta this summer. Don’t get me wrong, he’s been a wonderful professional for the club but his legs are gone and his pack of pace is exposed in the big games, so we need an athletic ball-winner to come in this summer and Schneiderlin would do just nicely.