- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
“I’ve Met Representatives From Arsenal, We Are In Talks”
Arsenal are in talks over the signing of Anderlecht defender Cheikhou Kouyate, according to the players agent.
Kouyate was strongly linked with a move to the Premier League last summer with Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea all linked at one stage or another.
A move failed to materialise and he stayed in Belgian, where’s he’s continued to impress, and it seems we’ve now renewed our interest with the centre-backs agent, Saffet Balkan, claiming today that he’s met with representatives from Arsenal and is in talks over a potential move.
However, we’re not going to have a clear run at the 24-year-old as Balkan says he’s also in talks with West Ham, Galatasaray and CSKA Moscow.
“I have met representatives from Arsenal and West Ham over Kouyate in Belgium,” Balkan told Turkish-football.com.
“We are currently in talks.
“I will also meet with representatives from Galatasaray and CSKA in Istanbul later today to discuss an offer for Kouyate.”
Kouyate is a beast of a defender, standing at 6ft 4 inches, and is well built so he should have no problems in coping with the physical demands of the Premier League if he does end up coming to England.
With Bacary Sagna and Thomas Vermaelen expected to leave this summer, we’re going to need to bring in two central defenders to offer support to Mertesacker and Koscielny so the boss is clearly on the look-out for potential signings.
Kouyate has 5 caps for Senegal and has played in the Champions League with Anderlecht, so he has plenty of experience, and with just two years left on his contract we could be able to pick him up at a reasonable price.
The player also holds a Belgian passport, therefore wouldn’t require a work permit, so you can see why Arsene is showing a keen interest.