- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Set To Make €40m Bid For Argentinean Attacker – Report
Arsenal’s season isn’t over yet and already the transfer rumours are hotting up, with reports in Spain claiming that we are ready to make a €40m bid for Real Madrid attacker Angel Di Maria.
The Argentinean attacker was strongly linked with a move to the Emirates last summer and was believed to be available for transfer before Carlo Ancelotti persuaded the clubs directors to keep hold of the player.
In the end, it worked out well as this allowed us to snap up Mesut Ozil on transfer deadline day but it appears Di Maria could now be set to follow the German out the Bernabeu exit door.
Well-known Spanish daily newspaper Marca are claiming today that Madrid bosses still aren’t convinced by the 26-year-old and are now ready to cash-in this summer, with Arsenal understood to be among the clubs keen on signing him.
The report suggests that we are prepared to pay €40m – around £32.5m – to sign the attacking midfielder, but we’ll face competition from the likes of PSG, Monaco and Manchester City.
I’m a huge fan of Di Maria’s and he’d be an excellent signing if we could somehow pull this off, but it’s not going t be easy if we have to battle it out with those three and their endless resources.