- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Report: Wenger Set To Table £20m Attacker Bid
Arsene Wenger is set to table a £20m offer for Barcelona attacker Alexis Sanchez, so say reports today.
The Chilean international has been at the Nou Camp for three years after making the move from Udinese in 2011, and has just enjoyed his best season after scoring 20 goals and providing 15 assists this past year.
However, it seems this form still hasn’t done enough to appease the Barca board, with the Daily Star claiming that the 25-year-old will be sold this summer as part of a major squad overhaul and Arsenal are understood to be ready to offer him a fresh start in England.
The newspaper suggests that Arsene is ready to test Barca’s resolve with a £20m offer and Sanchez is believed to be open to a move. However, we’re not going to have a clear run at him as Juventus have already held talks with his agent about a move back to Serie A.
Sanchez would be something of a dream signing for me as he has everything we need to add this summer. Pace, power, goals, assists and experience at the top level. He can play on either wing and even up front if needed, so he’d be an excellent addition if we could pull it off.
He’s never really established himself as an important first team player at Barca so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave this summer, but I have a feeling it will take more than £20m to land him.
Whatever it takes, pay it Arsene!