- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
TEAM: My Preferred Starting XI To Face Norwich – Sanogo Starts!
It’s the end of the Premier League season and we take on Norwich City at Carrow Road on Sunday afternoon with little left to play for other than pride, and Arsene is likely to have one eye on next weeks FA Cup final. Here’s my preferred line-up:
Goalkeeper: If Wenger plans to play Fabianski in the final, then Szczesny should start this weekend.
Defence: Gibbsy is back in the squad after recovering from a hamstring injury so I’d give him a run-out to get his match fitness back up ahead of the FA Cup final. We should rest Sagna and Koscielny with Jenkinson and Vermaelen starting at the back.
Midfield: Mikel Arteta and Aaron Ramsey are likely to be our starting pair next week so give them a rest and start Flamini alongside Wilshere – who’s back in the squad after two months out.
Attack: Ozil should certainly be given a breather so Cazorla can play in the ‘hole’ and Rosicky is almost certain to start as well. We don’t have many other options as The Ox, Gnabry, Miyachi and Walcott are all out so Podolski is going to need to start on the left.
Striker: I’m hoping Arsene plans to use Giroud from the start in the final so youngster Sanogo should start against Norwich and give the Frenchman a rest.
Here’s the side I’d go with:
This side should still be good enough to get a result at Norwich – who are already doomed to drop down to the Championship. Thankfully we can sit back and enjoy a stress free final day and look forward to a huge FA Cup final next week.