- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal ‘To Bid €18m For Italian Attacker’ – Report
According to reports in Italy, Arsenal are ready to table an €18m bid for Napoli attacker Lorenzo Insigne.
The 22-year-old is considered as one of the most exciting young forwards in Serie A and has been dubbed as the ‘Italian Messi’ in the past due to his silky skills as well as the fact he’s just 5ft 4 inches tall.
Insigne recently scored a brace in the final of the Coppa Italia to seal a 3-1 win over Fiorentina, but it was a rare highlight in what’s otherwise been a frustrating season for the youngster.
He’s been forced to play the majority of his games out on the wing, and although he’s more than capable of playing out wide and has still managed 8 goals this season, his favoured position is behind the striker and he’s struggled to adapt to Rafa Benitez’s new system.
Insigne was born in Napoli and joined the club when he was just 15, and he came through the clubs youth system before breaking into the first team set-up in 2012 following a series of loans.
However, despite being a local lad, the diminutive attacker has been targetted for some rough treatment by the Napoli faithful, leading to speculation he could be sold this summer and it appears we’re going to be interested in his signature.
Italian outlet TuttoSport claims that Arsene Wenger is keen on bringing the versatile attacker to the Premier League and is ready to table a €18m bid – which is around £15m. But the reports also suggests that Tottenham are interested, so we may have to do-battle with our North London rivals if we want to bring him to England this summer.